Dr Melanie Strang lives in south east Melbourne with her family & is passionate about issues relating to transition to motherhood. She has an interest in antenatal education and wellbeing during and after pregnancy.
Melanie (is) :
- Qualified as a doctor in 1999 (Bsc MBBS)
- Graduate Diploma Psychology (Monash University 2016) Currently studying Postgraduate Psychology
- A qualified Counsellor (Dip. Counselling)
- Author of 'MotherLove: Embracing the ups and downs of being a new mother.'
- Advisory Panel Member for Monash University study: Emotional Experiences of Early Parenthood: A Person Centred Ethnography.
- Perinatal Mental Health Lecturer for Government Accredited Course called Hypnotherapy for Childbirth (Academy of Hypnotic Sciences)
- Member of the Australian Counselling Association (M.A.C.A)
- Member of Federation of Victorian Counsellors
- Member of PANDA (Post and Antenatal Depression Association)
- Experienced practitioner with over 15 years experience in mental health, wellbeing, counselling and education
- Regular contributer to Coles Baby and Toddler Magazine
- Mother of two young children